There is so much confusion going around this apostate time about God's
There is a powerful movement running rampant called Replacement Theology
which teaches that the church is Israel and the Promises given to
Israel are now for the church. All Promises to Israel are gone according to these false teachers. Replacement Theology is a damnable heresy (2 Pet.2:1) and can do nothing but incur God's Holy and righteous wrath!
It condemns Israel as being illegitimate, a common belief by this doctrine. Even those who
still hold to the Truth of Israel, many yank Old Testament Promises out of the Bible . . . out of context, and attempt to
apply them to the modern church. The tendency is to
select those Promises which fit their church theology (like healing,
prosperity, victory) and simply ignore those which they do not like (like
punishment for rebellion, keeping of feasts, sacrifices ,the sabbaths). See: http://www.hisservants.org/israel_sabbath_h_s.htm My friend, the church did NOT even exist when God made those Promises to ISRAEL! Those Promises were given to ISRAEL and they were NOT given to Israel as
a "type" of the church until the church would come along and inherit them! Nonsense!
Those Old Testament Promises were given to Israel, and they apply to ISRAEL! But, many of those Promises also do apply to the church in a general
way, and many of them apply to all nations in a general way, but
many of them apply ONLY to Israel.
Just because some off-beat teacher of the Word says the Bible says
something is ours, that it is. We must understand the situation
and context in which the Promises were given . . . Promises of
blessing and/or cursing or redemption, before we
can really understand the Promises themselves. Consider the following:
2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. (KJV) . . . This is a Promise to Israel . . . NOT the USA! IF you read 2 Chronicles 7:11-20, you will clearly SEE this is to Israel! Don't try to take it out of context! It won't work!
It does NOT say: If the Christian church pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
Repent of what? Believers are already the righteousness of God in Jesus, and
it is NOT for the righteousness of the believing 1% that America
will be judged, but for the sin of the wicked 99% who refuse to
repent. The promise concerns a NATION repenting, not God's
people WITHIN A NATION repenting and praying. We are the temple
of the Holy Spirit, yes, but our repentance does not cancel the justice and righteousness of God. He cannot leave America (or any other nation) un-judged and still be a righteous judge!
The Bible tells us that God does deal with a wicked nation where just a few people are righteous, but those are Passages that the modern 'Word Faith' and 'Kingdom Now'
people want to avoid, because it discredits their
misinterpretation of 2 Chronicles 7:14. This is clearly shown in
Ezekiel 14:13-21. This speaks of
all nations in general.
Can the righteousness of a few deliver America? What does God say? Only people who are righteous will be delivered! God is a righteous and just God
and He SHALL judge sin. A wise person will go to the foot of the cross and be cleansed with the precious Flood! Only the Blood of Jesus can redeem your soul! 1 Peter 1:18-19 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;
19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: (KJV)
We need to pray for lost souls. God is about to judge this nation. It
is His will to do so. It is NOT His will
that any perish, but that all be saved. BUT . . . the Bible clearly tells us that God hates sin, and He shall destroy the nation and the individual that
continues to sin. But, He will also look after the righteous. God is NOT going to restore America. God is
restoring Israel and human government shall come to an end! Messiah shall soon return as King of kings and Lord
of lords! Revelation 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever. (KJV)
God will NOT conform to American Christianity and
an American Jesus. That Jesus is NOT the Jesus of the Bible! 2 Corinthians 11:4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him. (KJV) . . .
Replacement Theology is another gospel, a damnable heresy and those who hold with that doctrine follow another Jesus, NOT our precious Redeemer! BEWARE!! WATCH!!
Summary of Replacement Theology Beliefs?
1. Israel (the Jews and their land) has been replaced by the Christian Church in the purposes of God. Meaning that the Church is the continuation of Israel, with Israel now being excluded.
2. The Jews are no longer a "chosen people" (Deut.7:6-7; 14:2).
3. Apart from repentance, the new birth, and incorporation into the Church, the Jews have no future, no hope, and no calling in the plan of God.
4. Since Pentecost of Acts 2, the term "Israel," as found in the Bible, now refers to the Church.
5. The Promises, covenants and blessings ascribed to Israel in the Bible have been taken away from the Jews and given to the Church, which has superseded them. BUT . . . the Jews are still subject to the curses found in the Bible, as a result of their rejection of Christ.
How Do Replacement Theologians Argue Their Case?
- #1. They say to be a son of Abraham is to have faith in Jesus Christ. For them, Gal.3:29 shows that son ship to Abraham is seen only in spiritual, not national terms: "And if you be Christ's, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise."
Why they are wrong: While this IS a broad and general Promise for Gentiles, this verse does NOT exclude the Jews from their original Promise and blessing as the natural seed of Abraham. This verse simply and wonderfully joins us Gentile Christians to what God had already started with Israel.
- #2. They say the Promise of the land of Canaan to Abraham was only a beginning! The real Promised Land is the whole world. They use Romans 4:13 to claim it will be the Church that inherits the world, NOT Israel. "For the promise that he should be the heir of the world was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith."
Why they are wrong: This verse in NO way excludes Abraham and His natural progeny, the Jews? It simply says that THROUGH the law, Israel would not inherit the world, for this would be acquired ONLY through faith. This is also true of the Church.
- #3. They say the nation of Israel was only the seed of the future Church, which would arise and incorporate people of all nations (Mal. 1:11): "For from the rising of the sun, even unto the going down of the same, My Name shall be great among the nations, and in every place, incense shall be offered to My Name, and a pure offering for My Name shall be great among the nations, says the Lord of Hosts."
Why they are wrong: YES! Since the Jewish priests and people "despised God's Name" (Mal.1:6), He found others (Gentiles) who would magnify it . . . BUT . . . God has NOT permanently discarded Israel! When Israel turned her back on God, He turned to the Gentiles, the very people whom ye look down upon as abominable. (Isa.66:19-20). God's dealing with Israel was NOT ever negated!
- #4. They say that Jesus taught that the Jews would lose their spiritual privileges, and be replaced by another people (Mat. 21:43): "Therefore I am saying to you, 'The kingdom of God will be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits of it.'"
Why they are wrong:In this passage, Jesus was talking about the priests and Pharisees, who failed as leaders of the people. This passage is not talking about the Jewish people or nation of Israel. See Teaching Letter #770008, "Did God Break His Covenant With the Jews?"
5. They say that a true Jew is anyone born of the Spirit, whether he is racially Gentile or Jewish (Rom. 2:28-29): "For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision which is outward in the flesh; But he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God."
Why they are wrong: This argument does NOT say that the Church replaced Israel. It simply reinforces what had been said throughout the Hebrew Scriptures [the Old Testament], and it certainly qualifies the spiritual qualifications for Jews or Gentiles who profess to be a follower of the God of Israel.
- #6. They say that Paul shows that the Church is really the same "olive tree" as was Israel, and the Church is now the tree . . . replacing Israel. Therefore, to distinguish between Israel and the Church is, strictly speaking, false. They say Jews must be grafted into the Church (Rom.11:17-23).
Why they are wrong: This is their most outrageous claim because this Passage clearly shows that we Gentiles are the "wild olive branches," who get our life from being grafted into the olive tree. The olive tree represents the covenants, promises and hopes of Israel (Eph. 2:12), rooted in the Messiah (John 15:1-5). Without Him, we are nothing! He gives life to the Jews (the "natural branches") and Gentile (wild branches) alike. We Gentiles are told to remember that the olive tree holds us up and NOT to be arrogant or boast against the "natural branches" because they CAN and WILL be grafted in again. The olive tree is NOT the Church. We are simply grafted into God's plan that preceded us for over 2,000 years.
- #7. All the promises made to Israel in the Old Testament, unless they were historically fulfilled before the Coming of Jesus Christ, now belong to the Christian Church. These Promises should not be interpreted literally or carnally, but spiritually and symbolically, so that references to Israel, Jerusalem, Zion and the Temple, when they are prophetic, really refer to the Church (2 Cor. 1:20). "For all the promises of God in Him (Jesus) are Yea, and in Him, Amen, unto the glory of God by us." They teach that the New Testament must be taught figuratively, not literally.
Why they are wrong: Later in 2 Corinthians (3:12-16; 7:1), we will see that the New Testament references to Israel clearly pertain to Israel, NOT the Church. SO, there is NO Promise to Israel and the Jews any where in the Bible that is figurative, nor can they be transferred to the Church alone. The Promises and covenants are literal, and many of them are everlasting. We as Christians can participate in them along with Israel BUT the church has NEVER taken them over to the exclusion of Israel. The New Testament speaks of the Church's relationship to Israel and her covenants as being "grafted in" (Rom. 11:17), "brought near" (Eph. 2:13), "Abraham's offspring (by faith)" (Rom. 4:16), and "partakers" (Rom. 15:27), NEVER as usurpers of the covenant and a replacer of physical Israel. We Gentiles are indeed privileged to join into what God had been doing in and for Israel. God did NOT ever break His covenant Promises with Israel (Rom. 11:29), nor will He!
The Church absolutely has NOT replaced Israel!
?? Easter OR Resurrection Day ??
False and True Doctrine
False and True Teaching
Halloween OR Helloween???
?? Islam ??
Lies About Christianity
New Age Heresy on Angels
Religion or Christ
Word-Faith, Is It Biblical?
Word-Faith, Many Reasons to Reject It!
See following web
sites for exposing false doctrine:
Replacement Theology is WRONG!