SERVANTS' MINISTRY, Inc.
Welcome to our website
What Is Hell Like?
According to the Bible, your soul is eternal, and you have two options (and only two) to choose from when it comes to deciding where you will spend your life after death. One option is Heaven. The other is Hell. While there seems to be an increased belief in place called Hel, most people do NOT believe that they will go there. They believe that Hell is reserved only for the most hardened of criminals and other "evil" people in our society. But God judges people by a different standard. You are NOT sent to Hell for being a bad person any more than you are sent to Heaven for being a good person. We ALL deserve to spend eternity in Hell (Romans 3:22-23). While God clearly states that those who reject the salvation offered through His Son, Jesus Christ, will spend eternity in this place of torment, He repeatedly gives each person ample opportunity, and MANY chances to choose abundant life on earth and eternal life in Heaven (2 Peter 3:9). If you haven’t made that choice yet, or if you have decided and want a better understanding of what your nonbelieving friends will have to face, consider these facts about Hell from the pages of Scripture.
QUESTIONS to THINK ABOUT!
- If Christians believe in the reality of Hell, what do you think stops them from sharing their faith with others?
- What do you think prevents people from accepting the Gospel of Jesus Christ?
- What things do you think have eternal value?
- What could you do to be less concerned with earthly things and more devoted to things that have eternal significance?
What Is HELL Like?
The Bible describes it as:
- Everlasting Punishment. Matthew 25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal. [KJV]
- Everlastion Fire. Matthew 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: [KJV]
- Everlasting Burnings. Isaiah 33:14 The sinners in Zion are afraid; fearfulness hath surprised the hypocrites. Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings? [KJV]
- A Furnace of Fire. Matthew 13:42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. [KJV] Matthew 13:50 And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. [KJV]
- A Lake of Fire. Rev. 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. [KJV]
- Fire and Brimstone. Rev. 14:10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: [KJV]
- Unquenchable Fire. Matthew 3:12 Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire. [KJV]
- Devouring Fire. Isaiah 33:14 above.
- Second Death. Rev. 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death. [KJV]
- Outer Darkness. Matthew 8:12 But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. [KJV] Matthew 22:13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. [KJV] Matthew 25:30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. [KJV]
- No Way Out. Luke 16:26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence. [KJV]
- God NOT There. 2 Thes. 1:9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power. [KJV]
- Prepared for the devil. Matthew 25:41
- Devils are confined in, until the judgment day. 2 Peter 2:4; Jude 1:6
- Punishment of, is eternal. Isaiah 33:14; Rev. 20:10
- The wicked shall be turned into. Psalm 9:17
- Human power cannot preserve from. Ezekiel 32:27
- The body suffers in. Matthew 5:29; Matthew 10:28
- The soul suffers in. Matthew 10:28
- The wise avoid. Proverbs 15:24
- Try to keep others from. Proverbs 23:14; Jude 1:23
- The society of the wicked leads to. Proverbs 5:5; Proverbs 9:18
- The beast, false prophets, and the devil shall be cast into. Rev. 19:20; Rev. 20:10
- The powers of, cannot prevail against the Church. Matthew 16:18
- Illustrated. Isaiah 30:33
According to Works
?Judgment, Are You Going to Heaven?
Judgment, God's Holy Wrath
?Judgment, Is There Really a Hell?
Judgment, Great White Throne
Judgment, Righteous Rewarded
Seat of Christ
?Judgment, What's in Store?
?Judgment, What is Hell Really Like?
?Judgment, Where Souls Go?
Judgment, Wicked Punished
?Judgment, Will Christ Be Judge?
?Judgment, Will God Really Judge Sin?
?Judgment, Would God Really Send Me to Hell?