Welcome to our website
Tongues Have Ceased
Many Reasons to STAY AWAY from Chrismatics!
1 Cor. 13:8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away. (KJV)
- The Gift of tongues certainly did have a definite beginning. They began on the day of Pentecost in 30 AD, fifty days after our Lord Jesus Christ was crucified, just as He had promised (Mark 16:17-20; Luke 24:49; Acts 1:8; 2:1-4). Their role as a sign gift to unbelieving Israel had been suggested by Isaiah’s prophecy of God speaking to Israel with men of other tongues.
Isaiah 28:11 For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people. (KJV)
1 Cor. 14:21-22 In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord. 
Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.
- The Gift of tongues began with Jesus empowering His apostles to preach the Gospel to all nations before Rome destroyed Jerusalem and ended the ceremonial Law (Mat.24:14; 28:18-20). The gift of tongues magnified the apostles as heavenly messengers, in spite of their lack of education or human authority (Acts 4:13; 5:12-13; 8:14-19; 19:1-7).
- The Gift of tongues began as the empowerment of the early church, which was to reveal that worship now was to be in Spirit and in Truth (John 4:21-24). The Spirit guided the apostles into all Truth for writing the New Testament and He would reveal Truth by gifts until they completed the task (John 14:26; 16:13; Acts 10:28; I Cor. 12:7-11; 14:37; 2 Tim 3:16-17; 2 Pet 1:21).
- The Gift of tongues would last only a short time. Paul told the tongues-speaking church at Corinth that the gift of tongues would end, it was only temporary (I Cor. 13:8). Paul said that charity (LOVE) was a more excellent way of serving, for charity was permanent and would NEVER end (I Cor. 12:31; 13:8,13). Praise God!
- The Gift of tongues would NOT be needed after perfect revelation came. The New Testament Scriptures would be the perfect revelation and completely replaced the Gift of tongues which was partial (I Cor. 13:9-10).
- The Gift of tongues was childish and immature according to Paul. The church was then in its babyhood, but it would soon mature. As adults put away childish things, so Christians would put away childish things like tongues (I Cor 13:11).
- The Gift of tongues communicated only partial knowledge. Paul taught that revelatory gifts only provided partial knowledge, but the completed New Testament would provide perfect knowledge. The Scripture context demands a comparison of partial and perfect knowledge, NOT the coming of Jesus Christ.
- The Gift of tongues CANNOT compare with Bible revelation. The New Testament was as sure as God’s Voice from Heaven! It is called the perfect law of liberty (2 Pet. 1:16-21; 2 Tim. 3:16-17; James 1:25). The Perfect, permanent thing (the New Testament) came to replace the temporary gifts of prophecy, knowledge, and tongues!
- The Gift of tongues absolutely had an end. They ended by 70 AD, forty years after they began, when Jesus' apostles finished writing the New Testament. The Gift of tongues was no longer needed (I Cor. 13:8-12). The need for tongues had ended.
- The Gift of tongues ended by 70 AD, forty years after they began, when the apostles’ testimony came to an end. They were given in the beginning to confirm the preaching of fishermen and tax collectors, and they ended when their witness was established throughout the Roman Empire and they had gone home to heaven (Mark 16:17-20; Heb 2:1-4).
- The Gift of tongues ended by 70 AD, forty years after they began, when the the kingdom of Jesus Christ was fully established in the Earth (Mat.16:28; Heb 12:28-29). The Gift of tongues was needed only for 40 years to help confirm the new religion and worship introduced by John the Baptist, Jesus Christ, and His apostles (Luke 16:16; John 4:21-24).
- The Gift of tongues ended by 70 AD, forty years after they began, when the Roman armies destroyed the Jewish nation, Jerusalem, and the temple. Tongues were primarily a sign for unbelieving Jews, because the Jews required signs (Deut. 18:21-22; I Cor. 1:22; 14:21-22). But once Israel was scattered by God in judgment, tongues was no longer needed (Acts 2:17-21).
- The Gift of tongues ended by 70 AD, forty years after they began, when the special gift of fluently speaking a foreign language ceased forever. History confirms exactly what had been prophesied . . . NO one spoke in tongues after 70 A.D. The gibberish of Hindus, American Indians, Eskimos, and modern Charismatics and Pentecostals are absolutely NOT the gift of tongues.
- The Gift of tongues was absolutely specific languages of people in that day. The incoherent babbling, gibberish, barking, laughing, and oinking today are in my humble opinion BLASPHEMY! It is absolutely NOT the Gift of tongues . . . and NOT even close to the Holy Spirit’s Gift, which was only and always definite human languages capable of translation (Acts 2:1-11; 10:46; I Cor. 14:21-22). Today's Jannes and Jambres of the Charismatics and Pentecostals CANNOT duplicate the Spirit’s Gift, NO way (Gen. 8:16-19; 2 Tim. 3:8-9).
- The Gift of tongues was a sign to unbelievers (Jews). Today’s emphasis on tongues speaking is among believers in church services, crusades, or so-called revivals . . . and opposes God’s will for the Gift (I Cor.14:22). The Gift of tongues was to convince unbelievers that the speaker was sent by God with a divine message, as at Pentecost (Acts 2:1-11).Today's tongues (NOT a gift) among believers pays NO attention to God’s purpose for them.
- The Gift of tongues was the least important gift in the church. The Holy Spirit ranked the gifts for Corinth, so today's emphasis on this gift disobeys the priority and emphasis of God!
1 Cor.12:28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues. (KJV) Even helpers were more important!
- The Gift of tongues was spoken only by some in a church. So the obsession today for tongues is absolutely wrong (I Cor. 12:30-31). For ministers and churches to demand speaking in tongues as evidence of the baptism of the Holy Ghost is contrary to the Holy Word of God! And for anyone to say that if a person does not speak in tongues . . . they are not saved . . . is NOT at all true! In the early church, only some had the real Gift, which NONE have today.
- The Gift of tongues
was completely under the control of the users. Today’s uncontrolled, outragious and wild use is wrong. The gift of prophecy, far superior in every way to tongues, was under the control of the prophets (I Cor. 14:32). Paul repeatedly warned about the right use of the Gift of tongues, saying that it was required to be a controllable gift, NOT a force or power controlling the user.
- The Gift of tongues was the Gift to speak foreign languages without study (Acts 2:1-11; 10:46).
- The Gift of tongues was greatly inferior to Bible preaching. Paul valued 5 words of preaching over 10,000 words of tongues (I Cor. 14:19)! Preaching is far superior in God’s purpose and for the churches’ profit, but Charismatics and Pentecostals reverse this priority to emphasize their stupidity. They are so quick to ridicule sound doctrine and Bible preaching, though far superior to tongues!
- The Gift of tongues could not be easily duplicated because they were real languages! They could not be faked very easily! This made them a sign and a wonder (Acts 2:1-11)! But today's modern babbling and gibberish are easily duplicated through demons or behavior pattern.
- The Gift of tongues ended when the apostolic gifts disappeared. Paul could heal early in his career with handkerchiefs (Acts 19:11-12), and Peter could heal by his shadow (Acts 5:12-16). But Paul resorted to home remedies for Timothy’s problems (I Tim. 5:23). . . but he had to leave Trophimus sick at Ephesus ( 2 Tim. 4:20). Why didn’t he call for the elders and the healing oil (Mark 6:13; Jas 5:14-15)? His Gift was diminishing.
- The Gift of tongues was NOT intended for this age. The three Pastoral Letters that direct ministers how to take care of the church of God, do NOT contain ONE single word about spiritual gifts, especially speaking in tongues (I Tim. 3:15; 2Tim. 3:16-17; Titus 1:5). With today's overwhelming emphasis on tongues above anything else in Charismatic circles, this obvious silence is very condemning.
- FALSE modern-day tongues had a specific beginning . . . that being January 1, 1901, during a watch night service in Topeka, Kansas. A woman named Agnes Ozman babbled in gibberish after Charles Parham, a renegade Methodist minister, laid hands on her. This began this modern CRAZE of speaking in tongues. It did NOT involve languages, it did NOT involve the Holy Spirit . . . but instead the devil! It did NOT involve the Day of Pentecost, it did NOT involve the apostles. Satan is behind all this stupidity!
- FALSE modern-day tongues have continued from that day. It went from Kansas to Houston, where Charles Parham got William Seymour involved, who took this CRAZE to Los Angeles. It was there in 1906 on Azusa Street that began this obsession about tongues that eventually affected the whole world.
- FALSE modern-day tongues are emphasized over and above other sign gifts. WHY??? The reason is very simple . . . tongues is much easier to counterfeit. Would you rather babble OR handle snakes and drink poison? . . . So Benny Hinn goes to coliseums to heal, NOT to hospitals! IF his supposed gift of healing were true . . . wouldn't he would go to hospitals where the sick are? It does not take a rocket scientist to know the answer to that! Benny Hinn stages healings, and Charismatics fake tongues.
- FALSE modern-day tongues claim Acts 2:17-21 as a prophecy of them. WRONG! That prophecy of Joel refers to the Holy Spirit in the last days . . . NOT to their Charismatic activities of the last 100 years.
And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: 
And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit. 
And I will show wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke. 
The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come. [32
And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call. (KJV) . . . Was that fulfilled
on the Day of Pentecost? NO! Of course not. There were
NO earthquakes, NO changes in the sun and moon. These will occur
on “that great and notable day of the Lord.”
Joel calls it “the great and the terrible day of the
Lord.” The Day of Pentecost was a great day, but it
was NOT a terrible day. It was a wonderful day! If we truly understand
the Book of Joel, we will know that Peter was not saying that
the prophecy of Joel was being fulfilled on the Day of Pentecost.
Peter was only using Joel’s prophecy to confront those who
were mocking. See: http://www.lastdaysprophecy.org/L_D_joel_9.htm
- FALSE modern-day tongues emphasize religious experience instead of faith, doctrine, and works, they emphasize feelings, falsehoods and evil spirits. The apostles emphasized knowledge and learning (Acts 17:11; Rom. 16:17-18; Phil 1:9-11; I Cor. 14:15-20; I Thes. 5:21-22; 2 Pet. 3:18). Tongues were NEVER meant to be sought or promoted in the Bible as a thrilling personal feeling, the way that they are marketed today.
- FALSE modern-day tongues make their babbling the test of the Spirit (I John 4:1-6). The apostles rightly taught that spirits should be tested by doctrine, not a baptism of the Holy Spirit resulting in tongues. Light and Truth in any person is known by the way he/she holds to Scripture, NOT a babbling tongue (Isa. 8:20; I Tim. 6:3-5). Judas Iscariot was just as spectacular at performing miracles as any of the apostles.
- FALSE modern-day tongues turn away from right doctrine and preaching. They replace Truth with praise bands, getting drunk in the spirit, dancing, tongues, slaying in the spirit, laughter revivals, dance, healing services, and other carnal inventions to scratch the itching ears of unregenerate hearers. Paul condemned this as false Christianity (2 Tim. 4:1-5).
- FALSE modern-day tongues is NOT the heavenly language of angels. Angels do not babble, gibber, bark, cackle, laugh, or oink! BLASPHEMY!!! Some take Paul’s words in I Cor. 13:1 and try to make it out to be some mysterious heavenly language, and then they claim that is what they speak! RIDICULOUS!!! Paul simply was saying how worthless even the most glorious gift of tongues would be without love.
- FALSE modern-day tongues are NOT God’s anointed!!! Charismatics are actually sickening by their constant talk about a-noint-in! Paul, the great apostle to the Gentiles and our example in following Christ, only used the word one time, and that in a different context (2 Cor. 1:21)! He never used it in the three Pastoral Letters. The apostle John used it only twice in referring to the abiding Presence of the Holy Spirit within all TRUE believers (1 John 2:27). IF Charismatics had this anointing, they would KNOW the Truth and the Truth would set them free from this demon infested tongues mess!
- FALSE modern-day tongues are leading the perilous times. Paul warned Timothy of a terrible threat against the Gospel of Jesus Christ . . . an effeminate, carnal, compromising, entertaining, and false, worldly kind of Christianity (2 Tim. 3:1 to 4:5). The cure is bold and unapologetic preaching of God’s Holy Word, in spite of any resentment against it. Today's tongues speakers are leading the apostasy in today's churches!
SUMMARY! The FALSE modern-day tongues movement is ungodly! It is one of the many deceptions of the devil and a disgrace to our precious Saviour and Lord, Jesus Christ. The true gift of tongues ended almost 2000 years ago. Tongues today is NOT, nor ever has been, a gift of the Holy Spirit. The doctrine and practice of Charismatics and Pentecostals prove that they are heretics under the delusion of the devil and his ministers (2 Cor. 11:3-4,13-15).
Charismatics Are Wrong
Charismatics Beliefs Are Dangerous
Charismatics, Many Dangers
!!Charismatics Tongues Have Ceased!!
Chrismatic, Why I Am Not
See the following web
sites for exposing charismatics: